[lxc-users] Converting from libvirt lxc

Peter Steele pwsteele at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 16:54:25 UTC 2015

On 12/02/2015 08:09 AM, Saint Michael wrote:
> I could not find on Google any mention of Red Hat killing LXC on
> Libvirt. Care to elaborate?

Here's the first reference I came across a few months ago:
https://access.redhat.com/articles/1365153. There's no date indicated
here so I really don't know what this means, but I just did another
search to see if I could find some more information. I came across this
thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2015-August/msg00026.html

This was a fairly recent thread and I'd not found this before. If you
read through the follow-ups apparently libvirt-lxc is *not* being
deprecated:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2015-August/msg00030.html

So, it appears I was mistaken. I'm not sure where that leaves me though.
One issue we've had with libvirt-lxc is that although it's a great
product there seems to be very little activity with the project. My own
posts to the libvirt-lxc mailing list often go unanswered, whereas this
mailing list (by comparison) is great. Posts to more generic forums are
more often than not to find information related to LXC and not
libvirt-lxc. The community for libvirt-lxc just doesn't seem that large.

Looks like I have some thinking to do...

Peter