[lxc-users] future of lxc/lxd? snap?

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Sat Feb 23 19:50:26 UTC 2019

On 24/02/19 7:18 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Richard Hector!
>
>> Yep, sure. But LXD is currently the most common way to manage LXC,
>> right?
>
> Right? Right?! Riiight???!!!!!!
>
> Sorry, but your insistence is not going to change the facts.

Steady on. I wasn't insisting on anything; I was checking my
assumptions. Maybe my New Zealand English usage is more unusual than I
thought.

I guess you're saying my assumption was wrong.

>> At least, when I ask LXC questions on here, people seem to be
>> surprised that I'm not using LXD.
>
> I'm not using LXD. It's just not suitable for my use cases.

Ok. I'm not either, but that's more because it's not in Debian, and I
like to stick with packaged solutions where I can. I haven't even tried
it yet.

>> So with LXD transitioning to snap in Ubuntu, is it expected that LXD
>> will only be used for snap packages?
>
>> And if I want to continue using LXC without snap, I won't get the
>> advantages of managing it with LXD?
>
> I'd like to know the answer as well.

Right. We can both wait and see if someone else answers :-)

Richard