[lxc-users] future of lxc/lxd? snap?

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Sat Feb 23 18:18:32 UTC 2019

Greetings, Richard Hector!

> Yep, sure. But LXD is currently the most common way to manage LXC,
> right?

Right? Right?! Riiight???!!!!!!

Sorry, but your insistence is not going to change the facts.

> At least, when I ask LXC questions on here, people seem to be
> surprised that I'm not using LXD.

I'm not using LXD. It's just not suitable for my use cases.

> So with LXD transitioning to snap in Ubuntu, is it expected that LXD
> will only be used for snap packages?

> And if I want to continue using LXC without snap, I won't get the
> advantages of managing it with LXD?

I'd like to know the answer as well.
Snaps may be useful for distributors, but it's a maintenance headache for end
users.
Not to mention the growing disk space usage from snap packages.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...