[lxc-users] future of lxc/lxd? snap?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Feb 25 03:52:18 UTC 2019

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2018-August/040455.html
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxd/+bug/1788040

> And Debian buster (even sid) still doesn't have lxd at all.

They have snapd. Which you can then use to instal lxd.

> Is lxd not the future of lxc after all? At least in debian-based
> distros? Or is it expected (by ubuntu) that we only use lxc for snap
> packages?

You mean "use lxc from snap packages"?
Read the two links above.

> I'm currently using lxc on debian, but wondering what happens next ...
>
> This all seems odd since the linuxcontainers site says the project is
> sponsored by Canonical ...

snapcraft.io is also owned by Canonical.

By using lxd snap, they can easly have lxd running on any distro that
already support snaps, without having to maintain separate packages.

--
Fajar