[lxc-users] forcing a container to use a specific cgroup with v2.0.8

Marshall2, John (SSC/SPC) john.marshall2 at canada.ca
Thu Mar 1 17:56:43 UTC 2018

Hi,

So I have started trying out 2.1.1 but have encountered a different issue.

I have the following:
/sys/fs/cgroup/<controllers>/
jobs/
cgroup.clone_children (= 0)
xx/
cgroup.clone_children (= 1)
cpusets.cpus (= 1)
cpusets.mems (= 0-1)

In the config file I have:
lxc.cgroup.dir = jobs/xx

As before, I want lxc-start to set up its own cgroup inside jobs/xx (e.g., at
jobs/xx/xx where the container name is "xx"), but inherit the settings from
jobs/xx.

I find that this is not working. Also, unexpectedly, jobs/cgroup.clone_children
is being reset to 1, which I do not want.

Is there any way to force lxc-start to just inherit and not touch anything else?

Thanks,
John