[lxc-users] how to crate a new Fedora LXC-template

Christian Brauner christian.brauner at mailbox.org
Thu Mar 1 12:23:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 12:06:59AM -0500, Saint Michael wrote:
> I want to use Fedora 27 as a container. Supposed I install a physical
> machine with Fedora, how do I convert it to a container?

Stéphane added a new binary to LXD called lxd-p2c
( https://github.com/lxc/lxd/tree/master/lxd-p2c ) which lets you
convert any physical system into a container. It currently depends on
LXD though.

If you just care about building container images that can be consumed by
new versions of LXC than you should look at
https://github.com/lxc/distrobuilder . It is a very simple Go project to
build LXC and LXD container images. Fedora definitely is something that
we would like to add support for. If you or the wider community have
some interest you could work on adding Fedora support to distrobuilder.
I've opened an issue there just now: https://github.com/lxc/distrobuilder/issues/23

Christian