[lxc-users] forcing a container to use a specific cgroup with v2.0.8

Marshall2, John (SSC/SPC) john.marshall2 at canada.ca
Fri Mar 2 16:55:04 UTC 2018

I did not find a solution with 2.0.8, so I moved on to 2.1. The lxc.cgroup.dir seems to do
what I want. Unfortunately, the cgroup configuration process seems to change settings
outside of the cgroup/dir pointed to be lxc.cgroup.dir, namely, sets cgroup.clone_children
to 1 when it should be 0.

I have asked about this latter issue on the lxc forum at
https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org/t/why-cgroups-are-setup-as-they-are/1313/2

John