[lxc-users] PAM-CGFS[xxx]: Failed to get list of controllers

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Sun Jul 8 14:08:03 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm seeing this in auth.log on an lxc host (no lxd).

"PAM-CGFS[xxx]: Failed to get list of controllers"

This is on a host I didn't set up; I've inherited maintenance for it,
and recently added logcheck.

On another host, which I did set up, I don't see that. I have noticed
that the problem host has libpam-cgfs installed, whereas the other one
doesn't.

Both hosts are running Debian stretch, and IIRC both were upgraded from
jessie.

Any tips on what's causing this, and whether it's a problem?

Thanks,

Richard