[lxc-users] lxc 2.0.10?

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 6 14:22:09 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jul 06, 2018 at 04:16:14PM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi Stéphane,
>
> On 7/6/18 3:39 PM, Stéphane Graber wrote:>
> > Yes, we will be tagging a new set of 2.0.x point releases for LXC, LXD
> > and LXCFS in the near future. This is currently held up a bit as we're
> > still dealing with people upgrading to 3.0.x and finding new issues
> > there as well as a rather big backlog in the LXD 2.0.x branch (got to
> > review several hundred patches before it's ready for a point release).
> >

> Actually I had expected that stable-2.0 is frozen wrt new features,
> but I don't want to complain.
>
> Keep on your good work. Regards
> Harri

It is frozen for features but we have hundreds of commits to review for
potential bugfixes that need to be included in 2.0.x.

We have tooling that looks at everything that happened in master and
then asks us if a given commit is a new feature, a bugfix, ... and then
bugfixes are cherry-picked into stable. When we're lucky, that works
without changes, when we're not, we need to manually re-apply the fixes
to the older code base.

That can be a pretty lengthy process that requires quite a lot of
concentration, so not easy to do on the side :)

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer