[lxc-users] Limits kind of not working

Pavol Cupka pavol.cupka at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:36:15 UTC 2017

I want to use btrfs even though it is not "production ready", but I
like it for the features zfs is missing (balancing, growing/shrinking
volumes, dedup not eating your ram ...).

I wrote 50GB using dd if=/dev/zero and the quota show is showing this now
btrfs qgroup show -reF /var/lib/lxd/containers/c1/
qgroupid         rfer         excl     max_rfer     max_excl
0/528         2.59GiB      1.72GiB         none     20.00GiB

so technicaly speaking it is working because excl is smaller then
max_excl but in practice 50GB is not smaller than 20GB.

I will try to ask in btrfs mailing list. thank you for your help