[lxc-users] Limits kind of not working

Marat Khalili mkh at rqc.ru
Tue Sep 12 07:39:37 UTC 2017

> so you would recommend ZFS instead?

I personally don't use ZFS (it's alien to Linux kernel and I don't want
to deal with support problems arising from this situation). Many people
claim it's magical and revolutionary, so it's up to you to test and decide.

I use LXC on BTRFS with manually-enabled quotas, but I do have problems
with it. If you want it simple I'd recommend to either forget quotas or
use partitions.

> well it looks like it gets set correctly also for btrfs
>
> btrfs qgroup show -reF /var/lib/lxd/containers/c1/
> qgroupid         rfer         excl     max_rfer     max_excl
> 0/528         1.02GiB    156.54MiB

Not sure why it doesn't work then, try calling `btrfs quota enable` for
the filesystem. Are you sure you can really exceed the quota? You have
it set for amount of exclusive data, so extents shared with other
subvolumes do not count towards it.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili