[lxc-users] Limits kind of not working

Pavol Cupka pavol.cupka at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:57:26 UTC 2017

this is strange!

I have changed the quota to 2GB and run dd
dd if=/dev/zero of=/test.file
dd: error writing '/test.file': Disk quota exceeded
0+1 records in
0+0 records out
1982988288 bytes (2.0 GB) copied, 1.7051 s, 1.2 GB/s

if I change it to 20GB dd creates 47GB without problem before I stop it
dd if=/dev/zero of=/test.file
^C0+22 records in
0+22 records out
47244550144 bytes (47 GB) copied, 33.1497 s, 1.4 GB/s

ok it works better with if=/dev/urandom probably because of the
compress=lzo being enabled

thanks for help