[lxc-users] Need help with static IP address -- Simplest use case.

Rick Leir rleir at leirtech.com
Sun Jun 11 20:16:56 UTC 2017

Mike,
My knowledge is dated, so please correct. You can just yum install lxc. I think you also need lxc-templates. Then you do lxc-create, lxc-attach, etc to create a simple container as shown in the fedoraproject wiki page I mentioned in a previous post.

I do not know Gentoo but there must be a way to just pull in these commands.

LXD introduced a command named lxc, which confuses matters. Can it be used with plain LXC? Does that even make sense?

If you uninstall LXD then you will not be wondering what its daemon is doing and whether it conflicts with what you did in bridging.

This all reminds me of a few years back when NetworkManager was being introduced, I did not even know it existed, and I was wondering why it my understanding of network config did not match what I was seeing. Fajar, many thanks for explaining the LXD concepts. I suspect there are more LXD concepts I need to learn.
Cheers -- Rick