[lxc-users] Need help with static IP address -- Simplest use case.

Michael Johnson johnson at cognitech-ut.com
Sun Jun 11 19:05:04 UTC 2017

Hi Rick,

I believe your suggestion is a good one, but I don't have the background
to understand it fully. When I installed lxd, I believe lxc was pulled
in as a dependency. Searching the gentoo package database yields two
relevant results:

* app-emulation/lxc
LinuX Containers userspace utilities

* sys-fs/lxcfs
FUSE filesystem for LXC

Is lxc merely a client for lxd, or can it be used independently from lxd?

Is gentoo's app-emulation/lxc different from what you're calling "LXC"?

Possibly I should be using "the basic LXC container". I don't need
anything but a "basic" container. There's no way for me to judge what
LXC is, and it appears that it may require a non-standard software
installation, unless its a capability provided by app-emulation/lxc.

-Mike