[lxc-users] would there be value in starting an LXD community online collection of how-to related information

Moe kentoseth at devcroo.com
Fri Jan 13 19:29:59 UTC 2017

Here is my opinion on it:

1) We do need documentation, especially tutorials. Lots and lots of
tutorials and how-tos . LXD and Docker compete in different niches, but
LXD can easily do what Docker does (and sometimes better in certain
situations) and part of the reason that Docker is used so much is
because of the volume of articles/tutorials for setting it up in
production scenarios.

2) I agree with the poster who mentioned that the archive is not
searchable (but should be IMO). Is there some way to make it a
searchable archive? I understand that there are software-tools that
allow the conversion of mail-archives into a forum-like appearance, so
that might help

3) Instead of re-creating what appears on Reddit, why don't we just add
a link to Reddit for anyone visiting the LXD-section of the LXC website?
I am asking this instead of making a commit to the site-code because
this is an Ubuntu-supported product and *maybe* linking to reddit is not
what the project-maintainers want

Regards,
Moe