[lxc-users] Graphics and sound with LXD

efersept stevekadams at outlook.com
Mon Mar 28 03:10:30 UTC 2016

I was able to find the following in a past lxc-users post:

> lxc config device add qt5-development /dev/nvidia0 unix-char
> path=/dev/nvidia0
>
> lxc config device add qt5-development /dev/nvidiactl unix-char
> path=/dev/nvidiactl
>
> lxc config device add qt5-development /dev/nvidia-uvm unix-char
> path=/dev/nvidia-uvm
>
> lxc config device add qt5-development /dev/video0 unix-char
> path=/dev/video0
> lxc config device add qt5-development /dev/tty0 unix-char path=/dev/tty0
>
> lxc config device add qt5-development /dev/tty7 unix-char path=/dev/tty7
>
> lxc config device add qt5-development /dev/tty8 unix-char path=/dev/tty8
>
> lxc config device add qt5-development /dev/fb0 unix-char path=/dev/fb0
>
> lxc config device add qt5-development /dev/dri unix-char path=/dev/dri
>
> lxc config device add qt5-development /dev/dri/card0 unix-char
> path=/dev/dri/card0

This gives me a good idea of the syntax to use to recreate the following
with lxd:

lxc.mount.entry = /dev/dri dev/dri none bind,optional,create=dir
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/snd dev/snd none bind,optional,create=dir
lxc.mount.entry = /tmp/.X11-unix tmp/.X11-unix none
bind,optional,create=dir
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/video0 dev/video0 none bind,optional,create=file

However I am not sure of the syntax to use to implement the following
with lxd:

lxc.hook.pre-start =
/home/USERNAME/.local/share/lxc/precise-gui/setup-pulse.sh

Implementing Pulse in an lxd container is crucial to a project I wanted
to start so I would be very grateful for any help.