[lxc-users] Graphics and sound with LXD

efersept stevekadams at outlook.com
Wed Mar 30 06:03:25 UTC 2016

I was able to get graphics working fairly easily by "mounting" the
necessary devices via the 'lxc config device add  <container> ...' tool,
however the following:

lxc.hook.pre-start =
/home/USERNAME/.local/share/lxc/precise-gui/setup-pulse.sh

  still has me mystified.

First off I can not find documentation of how to create hooks in an LXD
configuration. Secondly I do not have enough knowledge of what this
script is doing, other than to change the paths and user names, to alter
it properly. Thirdly, there is no equivalent directories that I am aware
of that are used by lxd.

I have looked at flockport's documentation and they mention several
alternative ways to implement this but all seem to have some legacy lxc
dependency of some kind.

I did create a /tmp/.lxc directory then ran the script changing the path
to /tmp/.lxc/.pulse_socket and the user name and this seemed to be
successful. Also successfully 'export
PULSE_SERVER=/tmp/.lxc/.pulse_socket', also without error. But when I
tried 'lxc config device add <container> /tmp/.lxc/.pulse_socket
unix-char /tmp/.lxc/.pulse_socket' it returned the following error:

error: Failed to setup device: Failed to get device attributes: Not a device

perhaps this is obvious to some of you but I could really use help with
this.