[lxc-users] Desktop Environment in LXD

Rahul Rawail rhlrawail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 14:44:59 UTC 2016

Thanks Simos for your answer, Just few questions and they may be dumb
questions, if LXD is running on top of a host OS and host machine has
graphic card I thought that it will be able to give it a call  and I
understand that since LXD still uses core functions of host OS hence if I
will create 100 containers then all of them will have access to all the
host hardware including video and audio.

I have tried  https://www.stgraber.org/2014/02/09/lxc-1-0-gui-in-containers/
 and http://ghanima.net/doku.php?id=wiki:lxc:deinlxc

I am stuck at xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (no such file
found) when trying to start dektop environment in both lxc and lxd
container or startx.

After creation of unprivileged containers I got stuck with
lxc_container: The container failed to start. failed to spawn
<container name>.

I do not want to use TTY switching solution as that limits use to 7
virtual terminals.

Also, I thought that container should be able to use host os X server
and there should not be any need of another X server.

Can the container desktop environment be called from another remote
machine for remote access.

Thanks