[lxc-users] Desktop Environment in LXD

Rahul Rawail rhlrawail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:02:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have read some  posts in LXC-Users group, honestly we are not very
proficient with ubuntu or linux itself but we know a bit.

We have been able to start the LXD container but we have a simple
requirement, if we can run complete linux in an LXD container then why
can't we bring a GUI desktop for each container if we install desktop
environment for it, is there a way we can do it for each container.

Our idea is to use LXD container as a VM hence the next logical step with
which we need your help would be to take each container's desktop to
multiple clients.

LXD is the choice because its lightest, fastest and secure but going over
internet through tons of information has seriously messed up everything. We
hope that by starting a desktop and using it as VM we will not defeat the
purpose of having a bare metal performance.

If you think there is any other approach to achieve this easily and still
have bare metal performance the please suggest that as well.

Thanks in advance.