[lxc-users] Download and install trusty-64 unprivileged container cannot start anymore, requires system reboot to work - used to work

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Jun 6 04:31:08 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Martijn Unknown
<martijnrvrs at hotmail.com> wrote:
> After I reproduced the above, it occurred to me I was using lxc-stable ppa.
> So things no doubt must have changed since a few months back.
>

> I switched to use lxc-lts to see, and that one works fine (as it used to
> with the other), so something changed between these 2 versions.

A quick look says both ppa are using 2.0.1, so you should have identical result.

My GUESS is that your user cgroups (via libpam-cgfs) was not properly
setup. A logout-login (as that normal, non-root user) would probably
do the trick. Note that last time I check su and sudo (to the user)
will not work.

Another alternative going forward, is to run your containers as root,
but use "lxc.id_map" in /etc/lxc/default.conf, so that new containers
would be unprivileged, root-owned containers. Or use lxd, which does
similar thing by default.

--
Fajar