[lxc-users] Download and install trusty-64 unprivileged container cannot start anymore, requires system reboot to work - used to work

Martijn Unknown martijnrvrs at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 5 16:25:50 UTC 2016

Hello Dan,

Well I can reproduce the issue. The host version is actually: 14.04.4 (typo sorry).

Just to clarify:

The host is already up to date (latest patch, and I rebooted that one already), before I started installing lxc.

Anyway, since you asked for a reproduction:

The initial install is as I described before, the image gets downloaded & created. Starting container fails. Then reboot the host, and I can start it fine with the container user. Also installing additional containers and starting just works now.

After I reproduced the above, it occurred to me I was using lxc-stable ppa. So things no doubt must have changed since a few months back.

I switched to use lxc-lts to see, and that one works fine (as it used to with the other), so something changed between these 2 versions.