[lxc-users] Semi unprivileged containers

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Nov 24 04:57:20 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 6:52 PM, MonkZ <i at monkz.de> wrote:

> Am 22.11.2015 um 23:47 schrieb Fajar A. Nugraha:
> > On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 9:30 PM, MonkZ <i at monkz.de <mailto:i at monkz.de>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > I really suggest you simply create an unpriv container as a regular user
> > first, following ubuntu docs, and see if it works. THEN modify to suit
> > your needs.
>
> Ok, there seems to be a bigger basic problem. Following the "Basic
> unprivileged usage" section in Ubuntu server LXC manual, i get this log:
> http://ix.io/mqc
>
> Ownership/Permissions are set analog to your unpriv container.
>
> Missing XDG_RUNTIME_DIR triggers a warning and so does cgmanager:
> lxc_cgmanager - cgmanager.c:cgm_get:993 - do_cgm_get exited with error

I actually suggest you start over, but this time using the default
installation. My guess is your "minimal" install somehow does not contain
the necessary packages for lxc to function properly. Perhaps you're missing
libpam-systemd in the host?

In any case, following the printed message should help you find out what's
missing:

      lxc-start 1448277918.284 ERROR    lxc_start_ui -
lxc_start.c:main:346 - To get more details, run the container in
foreground mode.
      lxc-start 1448277918.298 ERROR    lxc_start_ui -
lxc_start.c:main:348 - Additional information can be obtained by
setting the --logfile and --logpriority options.

--
Fajar