[lxc-users] lxc list fails to show containers after upgrade to lxd 0.22 / lxc 1.1.5

Matthew McKennirey mmckennirey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 02:57:50 UTC 2015

I am running LXD/LXC on two hosts, each with multiple containers.
I upgraded one host to the latest versions of LXD /LXC (had been on lxd
0.21 / lxc 1.1.4)

After the upgrade. lxc list shows no containers

lxc list
+------+-------+------+------+-----------+-----------+
| NAME | STATE | IPV4 | IPV6 | EPHEMERAL | SNAPSHOTS |
+------+-------+------+------+-----------+-----------+
+------+-------+------+------+-----------+-----------+

Using sqlite3, SELECT * FROM containers in the lx.db, shows all the
containers.

sqlite> SELECT * FROM containers;
6|ubuntu-sg|2|0|0
7|ubuntu14-java-utils|0|0|0
8|ubuntu-sg-base|0|0|0
9|ubuntu-build|0|0|0
10|ubuntu-web|0|0|0
11|ubuntu-build-clone|0|0|0
12|ubuntu-tst|0|0|0
13|ubuntu-sg-tst|0|0|0

All the containers are physically present on the file system, there was no
change there.

Is there some way to "recover" the existing containers so that lxc can see
and start them?

If I attempt to start a container, even though lxc list shows none, I get
lxc start ubuntu-build
error: setting lxc.network keys is not allowed

I was not using profiles yet on that host
sqlite> SELECT * FROM profiles;
1|default
2|migratable

Other than to list the contents of tables I have not attempted to modify
lxd.db in any way.

thanks very much