[lxc-users] 1.1.5 setproctitle bug

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Mon Nov 9 20:30:51 UTC 2015

Hello Boštjan,

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 06:47:42PM +0100, Boštjan Škufca @ Teon.si wrote:
> Containers start, but this is what I am getting:
> lxc-start: utils.c: setproctitle: 1461 Invalid argument - setting cmdline
> failed
>
> Kernel 4.2.5, on Slackware 14.1, no cgmanager or lxcfs. Is there anything
> missing?

No, this is a non-fatal error, so you're just fine. I sent a patch to
lxc-devel to turn it down to an info message at Stéphane's request
because he was worried it might freak people out, and it seems he was
right :)

If you want the fancy proctitles, then you need to enable
CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE in your kernel.

Tycho