[lxc-users] 1.1.5 setproctitle bug

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Mon Nov 9 21:58:38 UTC 2015

Hello Tycho

On 9 November 2015 at 21:30, Tycho Andersen <tycho.andersen at canonical.com>
wrote:

> Hello Boštjan,
>
> On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 06:47:42PM +0100, Boštjan Škufca @ Teon.si wrote:
> > Containers start, but this is what I am getting:
> > lxc-start: utils.c: setproctitle: 1461 Invalid argument - setting cmdline
> > failed
> >
> > Kernel 4.2.5, on Slackware 14.1, no cgmanager or lxcfs. Is there anything
> > missing?
>
> No, this is a non-fatal error, so you're just fine. I sent a patch to
> lxc-devel to turn it down to an info message at Stéphane's request
> because he was worried it might freak people out, and it seems he was
> right :)

I freaked at the beginning, when it seemed like an error. Then, when I
tried to start the container again after some tweaking, I was positively
surprised that it was already running.

> If you want the fancy proctitles, then you need to enable
> CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE in your kernel.

I can confirm that enabling CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTORE resolves the issue.
It was hiding behind CONFIG_EXPERT, that is why I haven't noticed it before
(this, coupled with having no use for this ATM).

Tnx for fast response,
b.