[lxc-users] How to run scripts when container is destroyed?

Drew Gibson aggibson at cogeco.ca
Fri May 15 16:30:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

while not wishing to argue against the usefulness of lxc.hook.destroy,
it seems to me that functions 1 & 2 would be better performed at a system level rather than within LXC.

A configuration management tool (such as Puppet or Chef) is aware of requirements beyond the scope of an individual container before performing an action that may impact other parts of the system such as removing a package or stopping a service.

OTOH, I can seethe use for an email notification when a container is destroyed.

just my 2 cents/tuppence worth ...

regards,

Drew