[lxc-users] lxc mate/ubuntu 14.04.2 unable to capture keyboard.

Oz Dror odror7 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 06:07:31 UTC 2015

Host: ubuntu 15.04/nvidia-352.21/(cuda 7.0.28)

My guest lxc is the default template for Ubuntu 14.04.2 with subsequent
installation of the mate desktop.

The following was added to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d in order to support
the mouse and keyboard.

Section "Device"
     Identifier  "DiscreteNvidia"
     Driver      "nvidia"
     VendorName  "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

#to be able to use /dev/dri/card0
Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Default Screen"
    Device "DiscreteNvidia"
#option to disble panning
    Option "IncludeImplicitMetaModes" "false"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
     Identifier     "Desktop"
     InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
     Identifier "Keyboard0"
     Driver "kbd"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
     Identifier "Mouse0"
     Driver "mouse"
     Option "Protocol" "auto"
     Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

I have added support to nvidia/cuda
additional changes where done in the config file to support nvidia and
passthrough the mouse.

When I start this container it goes through the boot screen of Ubuntu mate
(I do not know why) and I get a lightdm login screen. (the video is working
well and the mouse is working well). But I cannot sign in. The keyboard
input is ignored.  When I sign in as guest (no need to type password) On
the mate-terminal I cannot type.  In the X 11 log file (Xorg.o.log) I get
the following lines regarding the keyboard and mouse. I cannot even do
Ctrl+Alt+Fx to switch terminal.

        Using a default monitor configuration.
[ 14692.784] (**) |-->Input Device "Mouse0"
[ 14692.784] (**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard0"
[ 14692.784] (**) Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"

On the same host with an arclinux/nvidia client I get the mouse and the
keyboard.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix the issue. Any help will be
appreciated.

Thanks.