[lxc-users] Problem Launching new containers

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Wed Aug 5 14:15:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 03:06:04PM +0100, Matthew Williams wrote:
> Hi Tycho,
>
> It's probably doing something like this then
> http://play.golang.org/p/mybQSejDo8.
>
> That works when I run it on the same machine. Would lxd be running this
> command as the lxd user though is that right?

Right.

> The user I was running this command as was in the lxd group though

Yep, but the lxd user may not have permission to write to /tmp
(although if you're on a stock ubuntu system, this seems unlikely).

One thing that might be helpful is an strace of lxd when it's failing
this. Unfortunately it's not very easy to get errors out of this part
of the code, so an strace might be our best bet. The most obvious
thing that could cause problems is the perms issue, but looking
through the code there may be a few others.

Thanks,

Tycho