[lxc-users] Problem Launching new containers

Robert Pendell shinji at elite-systems.org
Wed Aug 5 14:17:14 UTC 2015

I'm wondering if pam_tmpdir might be getting in the way.  Can you try
prefixing the command with TMPDIR=/tmp and seeing if that works?

If that works then the reason is because the per-user temp dir is set
user:group to yourself only and world/group is denied read/write
access to it.  Even if it didn't matter on the group part the lxd
group wouldn't have access to it.

It is a security feature but it seems that it gets pulled in by tmux
as a recommend.  You can remove it by uninstalling libpam-tmpdir.

Robert Pendell
shinji at elite-systems.org
A perfect world is one of chaos.
Keybase: http://keybase.io/shinji257