[lxc-users] lx-start taking a long time if veth is not added to lxcbr0Š

Anjali Kulkarni anjali at juniper.net
Wed Oct 1 21:37:31 UTC 2014

Veth interface does get added to the br-int. It gets the IP 172.16.0.2
that it was given in the config file. On the container ifconfig eth0 shows:

ubuntu at vpfe:~$ ifconfig eth0
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:16:3e:4c:45:ae
          inet addr:172.16.0.2  Bcast:172.255.255.255  Mask:255.0.0.0

I can ping from host to the container eth0 172.16.0.2.
However, I am using a combination of libvirt for the br-int bridge and
adding the entry manually in the /var/lib/lxc/$lxc_name/config file (not
using libvirt to start the lxc)- is this causing some conflicts/issues?

Anjali