[lxc-users] lx-start taking a long time if veth is not added to lxcbr0Š

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 1 21:45:25 UTC 2014

Oh, I should have read your config a bit more closely :)

Anyway, your problem is probably that /etc/network/interfaces in the
container still says that eth0 is to be configured by dhcp.

You should either put your IP configuration in the container config or
in the container itself using the distro config mechanism, mix and match
tends to break.

My recommendation there would be to drop the IP configuration from your
container's config and instead use the distro mechanism for it. That's
usually the preferred choice as you'll then get the expect events inside
the container and any distro config tool will work as expected too.
Configuring IP addresses in the container config should be reserved to
cases where the container rootfs doesn't have any network config
mechanism.

So anyway, my recommendation is to drop:
 - lxc.network.ipv4

And edit /etc/network/interfaces inside the container to read something like:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address 172.16.0.2
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 172.16.0.1

    dns-nameservers 172.16.0.1
    dns-search mydomain.com

Or whatever the right config is for your network.