[lxc-users] Older Ubuntu Template - Natty 11.04

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed May 7 00:47:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 7:30 AM, TuxRaiderPen
<tuxraiderpen at wpascanner.com> wrote:
> In looking at my option to use LXC for  my email system.. I've run into a
> snag...which may force the issue to a full VM..
>
> I need to get a template for 11.04 Natty
>
> Doing:
>
> r at rBox:~$ sudo lxc-create -n mailtest -t ubuntu -- -r natty
> Checking cache download in /var/cache/lxc/natty/rootfs-amd64 ...
> Installing packages in template: ssh,vim,language-pack-en
> Downloading ubuntu natty minimal ...
> I: Retrieving Release
> E: Failed getting release file
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/natty/Release
> lxc_container: container creation template for mailtest failed
> lxc_container: Error creating container mailtest
>

> Any one know of a template source for 11.04????

The root cause of the problem is not the template. You'll have the
same proble installing on a VM (e.g. using CD image). See
http://askubuntu.com/questions/91815/how-to-install-software-or-upgrade-from-old-unsupported-release

For lxc, the workaround would be to create a new template based on the
old one, with the change mentioned on the link (i.e. ubuntu archive
location)

--
Fajar