[lxc-users] Cannot stop busybox container

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 09:42:26 UTC 2014

Hello, lxc-users,

I work with latest lxc from git.
I created a busybox container (with -t busybox).

I create a bridge on the host (virbr0).
When I start the busybox container, I see:

udhcpc (v1.19.4) started
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
and many more "Sending discover..." messages.

There is no DHCP server in the LAN.
I have two questions:
1) Is it possible to configure the busybox container so that it will not
    start that udhcpc daemon and/or that it will not try to send these
DHCP discover messages ? \
2) I try to stop the busybox container (which is called busyboxCT) with
lxc-stop -n busyboxCT
and I wait over 10 minutes and it was not stopped, and the DHCP
messages were still sent out from it.
Is there a way to stop that container in such a case?

regards,
Kevin