[lxc-users] Cannot stop busybox container

bogdan.purcareata at freescale.com bogdan.purcareata at freescale.com
Fri Jan 3 13:46:39 UTC 2014

Hello,

You will have to disable the udhcpc process in $(container_rootfs)/etc/init.d/rcS:

#!/bin/sh
/bin/syslogd
/bin/mount -a
#/bin/udhcpc

You can do this several ways:
- in the git you need to comment / edit the line in $(git_repo)/templates/lxc-busybox.in - then compile and install the package
- if you installed lxc, but haven't created the container, you may edit the template file - $(install_prefix)/share/lxc/templates/lxc-busybox - and comment the line
- if you already created the container, edit the file in the rootfs - $(container_rootfs)/etc/init.d/rcS

> 2) I try to stop the busybox container (which is called busyboxCT) with
> lxc-stop -n busyboxCT
> and I wait over 10 minutes and it was not stopped, and the DHCP
> messages were still sent out from it.
> Is there a way to stop that container in such a case?

You may try to kill the container, instead of asking it to stop nicely, using "lxc-stop -n busyboxCT -k".

I've had this issue with busybox as well - the reason was that lxc-stop sends SIGPWR to the container init - which is busybox-init - and there was no handler implemented for this signal. You might have this issue with your busybox version as well. I've sent a patch for this [1] and it was included in the latest release.

Regards,
Bogdan P.

[1] http://git.busybox.net/busybox/commit/?id=760fc6debcba8cb5ca8d8e2252fac3757c453e11