[lxc-users] Cannot set up thread local storage: unknown error

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 2 15:34:22 UTC 2014

Quoting Vivek Singh (vivek.siwan at gmail.com):
> Hello,
> I am very new to lxc container. When I am trying to run it with libseccomp
> on my arm target it produces following error with command.
> "Lxc-execute -n name ls"
> "Cannot set up thread-local storage unknown error".
>
> Please provide your suggestions to me so that I can proceed forward.

Confirm that it doesn't work with seccomp disabled.  Run lxc-execute
with '-l info -o outout' and look for information in outout as well
as in syslog.

Looking at arch/arm/include/uapi/asm/unist.h, you might need to allow
syscalls __NR_SYSCALL_BASE+253, __NR_SYSCALL_BASE+254 and
__NR_SYSCALL_BASE+255.