[Lxc-users] Problem with lxc and mutliple ips

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Fri Oct 11 09:45:12 UTC 2013

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for the first clarification. But now I want to ask what exactly is not working:

* Are you trying to use more than one Containers with one IP or one Container with more than one IP?
* Are you using the same subnets?
* From what location you can't "reach the IP", did this station list the right MAC in it's ARP table at least?
* Can you reach the LXC host from there? Can you reach others from the Host? Can you reach the host or others from the Containers?
* Has your host an IP (on the bridge)? Is STP enabled, is the forward delay and hello time at an appropriate low value?
* Is the Host connected to a Switched Network? What did you observe here with respect to the used MACs / IPs?

Greetings

Guido