[Lxc-users] LXC NFS Mount in a container

BONY Vincent vincent.bony at thalesgroup.com
Tue Oct 15 09:43:54 UTC 2013

Hello,

We are trying to mount a nfs share (restricted by IPs) but without success.

Here is our configuration :

Host -> br0 (eth0) (Network 1) Static
          -> br1 (eth1)  Manual

Container -> eth0 via br0 (Network 1)
                     -> eth1 via br1 (Network 2)

The network 1 doesn't communicate with the network 2.
On the host we can ping the network 1 but not the network 2, only the container should be able to ping the network 2.
On the container we can ping the both network.

We tried to mount a nfs share via the network 2 in the container but it didn't work.
The container has the right IP to mount the nfs share.

So I think the mount nfs use the StackIP of the host to mount it ?
Do you have any informations about that ?

Is it possible to mount the nfs share in the container if the host doesn't have access to the network 2 ?

Thank you so much for your help,
Vincent