[Lxc-users] Fwd: LXC and sound in container -

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 01:40:52 UTC 2013

I'm not sure the lxc-user alias will take an file attachment or not.   If
not I'll try something else.

I tried to document everything I did to finally get sound working in an LXC
container on my Ubuntu 13.10 system.

I've attached that as a .ODT (librewriter) file to this email because I
tried to be verbose in describing all the steps I did.

My approach could be way off base for all I know ... wouldn't be the first
time <g>.

But after 3 weeks of searching the web to no avail for a How-To Guide or
writeup by anyone including distros (Arch, Debian, Ubuntu etc)  on LXC &
Sound.

I at least wanted to write-up everything I've found out or tried so far and
would appreciate any ideas, corrections, solutions.

As I said at the bottom of the doc I think LXC could have a great future
for User Desktops as everything works including Sound but with the caveats
regarding sound that I describe in the .ODT file.

brian mullan