[Lxc-users] ubuntu-lxc/daily, lxc-create lxcpath on nfs, Error locking partial file

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 4 16:08:15 UTC 2013

Quoting zoolook (nbensa+lxcusers at gmail.com):
> Hello,
>
> I'm testing a little cluster of lxc hosts where /var/lib/lxc (actually
> /srv/lxc) is on nfs (rootfs are on lvm over iscsi). Using
> ppa:ubuntu-lxc/daily, lxc-create fails with:
>

> sysadmin at lxc0:~$ sudo lxc-create -n test1 -P /srv/lxc -B lvm --vgname
> vg_vmstorage --lvname lxc-test1-root --fssize 2G -t ubuntu -- -r
> precise
> [sudo] password for sysadmin:
> lxc-create: Bad file descriptor - Error locking partial file
> /srv/lxc/test1/partial
> lxc-create: _recursive_rmdir_onedev: failed to delete /srv/lxc/test1
> lxc-create: Error creating container test1
>

> I can't find any error on dmesg or /var/log in the hosts or the nfs
> server that points me in the right direction.
>
> nfs server is ubuntu precise, lxc hosts are precise and raring.
>
> Anyone has any idea?

grrr.  flock doesn't work on nfs?  might have to do some ioctl
funkiness.  I'll have to look at this, but not today, so if you
can get a patch before I do that'd be great.

as a workaround in the meantime, I'd suggest

	sudo mkdir -p /srv/lxc/locks
	sudo mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /srv/lxc/locks

so the lockfiles aren't on nfs :)