[Lxc-users] ubuntu-lxc/daily, lxc-create lxcpath on nfs, Error locking partial file

zoolook nbensa+lxcusers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 15:18:39 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm testing a little cluster of lxc hosts where /var/lib/lxc (actually
/srv/lxc) is on nfs (rootfs are on lvm over iscsi). Using
ppa:ubuntu-lxc/daily, lxc-create fails with:

sysadmin at lxc0:~$ sudo lxc-create -n test1 -P /srv/lxc -B lvm --vgname
vg_vmstorage --lvname lxc-test1-root --fssize 2G -t ubuntu -- -r
precise
[sudo] password for sysadmin:
lxc-create: Bad file descriptor - Error locking partial file
/srv/lxc/test1/partial
lxc-create: _recursive_rmdir_onedev: failed to delete /srv/lxc/test1
lxc-create: Error creating container test1

I can't find any error on dmesg or /var/log in the hosts or the nfs
server that points me in the right direction.

nfs server is ubuntu precise, lxc hosts are precise and raring.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks!
Norberto