[Lxc-users] ubuntu-lxc/daily, lxc-create lxcpath on nfs, Error locking partial file

zoolook nbensa+lxcusers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 23:05:33 UTC 2013

Hello Serge,

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Quoting zoolook (nbensa+lxcusers at gmail.com):
>> sysadmin at lxc0:~$ sudo lxc-create -n test1 -P /srv/lxc -B lvm --vgname
>> vg_vmstorage --lvname lxc-test1-root --fssize 2G -t ubuntu -- -r
>> precise
>> [sudo] password for sysadmin:
>> lxc-create: Bad file descriptor - Error locking partial file
>> /srv/lxc/test1/partial
>> lxc-create: _recursive_rmdir_onedev: failed to delete /srv/lxc/test1
>> lxc-create: Error creating container test1
>
> grrr.  flock doesn't work on nfs?

O_EXCL? AFAIK, nope.

> as a workaround in the meantime, I'd suggest
>
>         sudo mkdir -p /srv/lxc/locks
>         sudo mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /srv/lxc/locks
>
> so the lockfiles aren't on nfs :)

Did not work, as lxc-create expects a lock on
/srv/lxc/${CONTAINER_NAME}/partial. Note that this file is outside of
/srv/lxc/locks.

It's been a decade or so since I touched any C code so I'll better
wait for your patch. But don't worry Serge, I'm not in a hurry.

Worst case, I can create the containers in some other directory and
then mv/rsync to the nfs mount point, ... or maybe try samba, but I
think it'll be overkill and I better avoid it.

Thanks!
Norberto