[Lxc-users] lxc-centos on Ubuntu 12.04

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Feb 5 22:16:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:44 AM, Papp Tamas <tompos at martos.bme.hu> wrote:
> On 02/05/2013 01:56 PM, Roland Neary wrote:
>> Nothing exciting, I modified a few values such as dns servers which were hardcoded into the script
>> but not appropriate for my setup.

> Well, it's not really good.
> config file and fstab file are not created by default (for me) after this command:
>
> $ /lxc-centos -n container -p /data/lxc/container
>

> After that the rpm database is a bit broken.
> Do you see orphaned files int the output of the this command?

Yeah, creating RH/centos on Ubuntu/Debian is quite a hassle. Try mine:
https://github.com/fajarnugraha/lxc/blob/centos-template/templates/lxc-centos.in

After trying several methods, I found the best method to work around
rpm issue is by invoking yum twice: once using the Ubuntu hosts's yum
command (which results in broken rpmdb version and locations), and the
next one using the newly-created-rootfs' yum (which will create a
"correct" rpm database). The downloaded rpm files are preserved
between runs (copied, to be exact), so there's no extra bandwidth used
for the second yum process.

The script is pretty much self-explatanory, so if you want to just
pick some parts of it, feel free to do so.

--
Fajar