[lxc-users] Several relatively new user questions:

Ranjib Dey dey.ranjib at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 23:15:50 UTC 2013

1) im doing most of the stuff using chef right now. i was using it in hosts
earlier, now inside container as well. one difference i am trying to adopt
is do the in-container change management from the host. i.e. the hosts's
chef client act as master to chef client's running inside the containers
its hosting. this way i get to reuse my existing chef scripts for user,
packages, services, external integrations etc.
2) iirc busybox is a smaller, minimalist distro. you can opt for ubuntu or
rel derived distros minimal installation as well. in fact the templates the
lxc ships with is fairly small. theres a ssh only template as well.