[lxc-users] Several relatively new user questions:

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Mon Dec 9 01:46:17 UTC 2013

> On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Galen Brownsmith wrote:
> 1) Are there any existing tools/scripts to help manage the user accounts
>  on the host system and on a container?
> I could also presumably do something with LDAP, but I'm trying to avoid
>  requiring an LDAP server on my home/desktop system.

It's more likely that you will already have MySQL running somewhere so you
could perhaps take advantage of using libnss-mysql-bg and nscd (ubuntu) and
shunt your >1000: user accounts to MySQL. As long as your containers can
see each other, and/or the host, then that could work. I intend to use this
method but still waiting for more user namespace tutorials to come out for
14.04.