[Lxc-users] Containers are all getting same IP address

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 10 19:12:10 UTC 2013

Quoting Tony Su (tonysu at su-networking.com):
> FYI
> I avoid the whole issue assigning different IP addresses by creating
> my br devices using libvirt (vm manager).

He's running lxc under ubuntu, so he already has a lxcbr0
bridge with dnsmasq running just as you get with libvirt.
That's why what he's getting is confusing.

My best guess right now is that the containers are not
cnofigured to use dhcp, though it seems unlikely as that's
simply not how they are set up by default.

-serge