[Lxc-users] Containers are all getting same IP address

Tony Su tonysu at su-networking.com
Sat Aug 10 19:15:34 UTC 2013

I don't run an Ubuntu host so can't provide ready answers, but libvirt
has a way to inspect the configuration of the bridge device, so I'd
hope the same should be available

1. If a custom dnsmasq is used like in libvirt, at least with my
distro (openSUSE) the default app should be uninstalled or configured
for a non-default port so that the custom dnsmasq can listen on its
default port by itself.

2. in libvirt (vm manager), the following is displayed and can be managed
- Stop and start the virtual network configured for the bridge device
- View and verify the real bridge device name
- Configure DHCP (yes/no)
- Configure address space

So, I hope there is some CLI or GUI manager in Ubuntu which can
display/manage the same (who knows, maybe it's even libvirt under the
hood)

Tony