[Lxc-users] Alternative to Debian Testing? No Prompt upon lxc-console execution

Bekir Dogan bekirdo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 11:56:48 UTC 2012

You must have:
* "lxc.tty = ... " in your lxc config file (possibly in
/var/lib/lxc/containername/config)
* console in your continer rootfs: (possibly in
/var/lib/lxc/containername/rootfs/)
You can create this by something like this
# cd /var/lib/lxc/containername/rootfs/
# mknod -m 666 /dev/tty1 c 4 1
# mknod -m 666 /dev/tty2 c 4 2

I assume you are using debian testing (wheezy), if you create new
containers like this command:
# sudo lxc-create -t debian -n containername

It asks you some questions and handles many conditions, like this one,
automatically.

bekir