[Lxc-users] Alternative to Debian Testing? No Prompt upon lxc-console execution

Terry--gmail terry.kemmerer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:38:33 UTC 2012

For the record, I'm not married to using Testing repositories. I just
need a way to
get working squeeze containers....that at my dummy level I can create
and work with. :)

I wasn't using wheezy, I was using debian squeeze on my host node and added
the associated Testing Repositories to my /etc/apt/sources.list:
*
deb ftp://ftp.lt.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib*
*deb-src ftp://ftp.lt.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib*

To install lxc and then disabled the above testing repositories.

Also, the notes that I found telling me to use the testing repositories
didn't mention
the modifications you listed or to use the lxc-create command, so I had
tried to implement
it like I had done for the lenny container earlier.

By the way, are there any step by step instructions anywhere?

And just to be clear, are you saying I need to install wheezy on my Host
Node, then add the Testing repositories
to get a working squeeze container?