[Lxc-users] fedora 16 under lxc

Ramez Hanna rhanna at informatiq.org
Mon Feb 13 20:34:04 UTC 2012

hei
I have been able to get some form of f16 under lxc running but some quirks
so steps (untill i make a patch or a new script)
use the current lxc-fedora to create a container
chroot into the rootfs
unlink /etc/systemd/system/default.target
ln -s /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target /etc/systemd/system/default.target
touch /etc/fstab

now that should in theory work
my setup is a KVM guest with lxc installed
i'm using VM-manager so i get to see the ttys while i start the
container from ssh
in fedora the tty1 is empty
i make sure i have tty1 visible
start the container from an ssh session using the -d flag
looking at the tty1 of the VM
i can see the console log from the lxc container

so 1st quirk: i only get the container output on tty1 of the host (kvm
guest) and not from the lxc-console
lxc-console is blank
when i installed ssh inside the container i was able to access it and
use it nicely
only had 2 services failing
systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service
plymouth-start.service

any hints on how does lxc-console work to help me figure it out
also agetty on tty* keeps restarting (maybe that's why no lxc-console)

anyoe interested in trying it out?

--
BR
RH