[Lxc-users] Control panel

matthew byers faintstlsaint at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:18:17 UTC 2011

This is a great start as i have heard many folks inquire about this for lxc.
I dont know if you all are familiar with something called Proxmox (debian
with openvz kernel for openvz and kvm containers) but it has a great web
browser based control panel that is accessed via the server ip address. The
panel has some functions such as:
1. Start/stop/restart containers (as discussed already)
2. VNC into a container
3. Creation/destruction of containers
4.manage container resources (RAM, hdd size, container ip, dns, etc)

Im not sure with the resource management as we use cgroups but i just wanted
to throw out some ideas on it.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Serge E. Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Quoting Geordy Korte (gkorte at gmail.com):
> > On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr
> >wrote:

> open
> but
> would

> > > I share Serge's opinion.
> > >
> > > Thanks !
> > >
> > > OK...
> >
> > So what could we put in it? We can edit the cfg files for a container but
> > that seems a little over the top since VI or any good text editor will do
> > the same.
> >
> > I can't think of anything I would like in there but then again I only
> have 8
> > containers.
>
> Some simple things:
>
> 1. editing configs actually is useful just bc you don't have to type
> in the whole config pathname
>
> 2. tag containers in the list view and perform group actions
>
> 3. open consoles - heck, perhaps tag containers in the list view,
> create a new screen session, and open a console for each container
> in a new window in the screen session.  Limited by # of screens in
> a session though.
>
> -serge

God Bless